Pick an element based on variable value

Is there a way to click an element on a webpage based on a variable?

I am trying to automate replies on a forum, but the page has multiple posts with multiple reply buttons. The only unique identifier for each button is dynamic and unique to that specific post (“Reply to [UserName]” or “Reply_MessageID_####”). I can scrape their values into a table and correlate them with the replies I want posted, but I need a way to select a single reply button based on the data taken from the scrape. If I could input a variable into the advanced element picker tool, that would work, but I didn’t find a way to do that.

hey @sdf84h3k,

Sure, you can use the ‘Calculate’ option in the Browser Picker Advanced options. In the values of the needed attribute, you can specify a variable that was previously declared in the workflow. Please refer to the next article to learn more about it - Web Browser.

Also, I recommend you passing the RDP Developer Academy Course and the Web Automation workshops (we have 11 workshop related to the work with web pages) as they describe most of the techniques to work with web pages - Product Training | ElectroNeek.