What does this error mean: "ENOENT: no such file or directory"?

The following error message pops up from time-to-time when updating pages in Chrome. What does this mean, and how do I stop this from happening? It happens at various times of the process, so I cannot seem to identify a pattern.

Error at Wait for element in main.neek : ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat ‘C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Local State’. Please refer to Help Center to make sure the activity ‘Wait for element’ was set up correctly. If it doesn’t help, click this link to contact support.

The activities are set up correctly. Thank you in advance!

@BrandonTerry It looks like this might be the specific issue related to chrome. Like, User Data\Local State might be missing. Since this needs to be analyzed with more data I would suggest trying below things.

1. Change the browser and check if its working fine or getting same error.
  2. If the webpage you are trying is node based application, you might consider referring following doc as well.
    node.js - Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat 'C:\Users\username\Documents\My Music' - Stack Overflow

As i mentioned earlier, make sure this is not specific to chrome or Windows and then contact support with more details.

1 Like