Take a Screenshot

Hi there!

I am trying to understand why I am getting the same error regarding the Take a Screenshot activity. The process I am running reads data from a spreadsheet on a network drive and saves a screenshot using the following logic:

‘\\1.2.3.4\Folder1\Folder2\Folder3\Folder4\Folder5\’ + moment(current_date).format(“YYYY”) + ‘\’ + moment(current_date).format(“MM”) + ‘_’ + moment(current_date).format(“MMMM”) + ‘\’ + ‘NJ ’ + moment(current_date).format(“YYYYMMDD”) + ’ ’ + EMPLOYER_FEIN + ’ ’ + EMP_FIRST_NAME + ’ ’ + EMP_LAST_NAME + ’ 8850.png’

Sometimes it works, and other times I get the following error:Error at Take a screenshot in main.neek :Selectors: A generic error occurred in GDI+… Please refer to Help Center to make sure the activity ‘Take a screenshot’ was set up correctly. If it doesn’t help, click this link to contact support.

I have already contacted tech support previously and was given the following details: “The GDI+ error typically happens when trying to save a screenshot in a directory you do not have access to (rights related) or doesn’t exit.” I can assure you that I have the proper rights. Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated! Have a wonderful day!

Hi Brandon!

I found the ticket our team worked on with you and I can see that the resolution was not confirmed. I think we can do better for sure and try to dig to the root cause.
I will have the team reach out to you and give it a second round.

Thank you so much, @Aziz! I worked with Jorge Noguera yesterday to try to identify the cause. It appears that the “take a screenshot” activity doesn’t work well with network paths. The solution was to save the screenshot to a local folder and then use move file to move it to the appropriate folder. I tested the process with the suggestion, and it worked without any issues. Thank you for helping me get to a resolution for this. I know that ElectroNeek is working to build better training documentation. It would be really great to include something like not being able to work well with network paths–basically, any sort of quirks or limitations for every activity would help us greatly when developing. Thank you again!