Support for Exchange IMAP Modern Authentication?

With Microsoft deprecating Basic Authentication and requiring OAUTH when using IMAP to read Exchange mailboxes, will there be an updated “Read Email” activity to support this, or is there another suggested approach for reading Exchange Mailboxes?

@clementine Hi!
Thank you for your interesting question. In Studio Pro we have 3 ‘Read email’ activities, the one that is from the ‘Email’ section uses IMAP and POP3 protocols - Read emails – ElectroNeek Help Center. The other 2 are from ‘Outlook’ and ‘Office 365’ groups and work in different ways. I can suggest using ‘Read emails’ activity from ‘Outlook’ group, in this case you can set up any server connection settings in the parameters of Outlook app and read emails by bot.
We will take in consideration improving the email features of Microsoft Auth from basic to modern.

2 Likes

Thank you, @d.motta. I couldn’t get the Outlook activity to load any Outlook accounts in the dropdown, but the Office 365 activity enables me to read my inbox without IMAP/OAUTH. Thank you for your suggestion.

1 Like