Send Hotkey for GUI or WebBrowser are the same activity

Hi,
I need to iterate an item (with arrow down) in a web page but when I use “pick on element” the selector can only select the browser screen.
Using “focused element” option fails to iterate because the GUI focus at that moment is on the address bar.

Why Electroneek create 2 activities if they only work for the GUI?
If I take a send hotkey activity from the web automation list, shouldn’t it work for the web and not for the GUI?
I would like to set the focus on the list but I can’t as it doesn’t recognize elements within the web page…

2 Likes

Hello @daniele_arcangeli, in this situation you could use Click on Image or Click on coordinate if you cannot select any item within the web browser.

Have you tried to create the elements in Studio Pro, using the Xpath of the item you need to click? It also might happen if the page has an iframe, so you first need to identify the iframe using its Xpath.

2 Likes

Hi @Renan.Mancilha,
thanks for the answer! I don’t like to use “click on coordinates”, it’s too unstable for the most delicate runs.

I solved using “Set element value”, rather than “Select list item”.

But my question is: why exist 2 “Send hotkeys” if they both only work on GUI? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like