Selecting multiple items in a list

Hi,
I’m working on a bot that generates reports from a website. I have this report that needs to select 3 items to be generated.
Is it possible to select multiple items in a list?
as human behaviour is nedded to select by keeping ctrl pressed

For that, i’m using “Set element property” and set the selected value to selected. For value i’m using the CSS element name.

So i put three of these activities to set each option in this list.

But when running the flow it does not make any selection
any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

3 Likes

Hi!

This is a tricky one, but here’s an approach that works. I just tested it with the list of fruits in the “Multiple Options” section of this link, and it successfully selected 2 elements:

First, instead of having the whole list as your element, try adding 1 Browser Element for each of the options that you need selected. In my case, I wanted to select both “Guava” and “Papaya” so I created elements for both:

ans1img1

This is how I configured both elements, just in case:

Then, in order to select them, I added 2 “Set element property” Activities, from the Web Automation > UI category. And I set the “selected” property of both to “true” (no quotes because it’s a Boolean value, not a String). Like this:

When I tried this, both elements are selected. You can even try pressing the “Submit” button and you’ll see that it’s using both:

I also tested it with 3 and 4 elements, replicating the same method, and it worked as intended every time. Let us know if you try it, or if you need any help applying this solution!

3 Likes

It worked! Thanks for your answer and your support

2 Likes