Question about formatting inside Calculate a Value for Send Email

Hi there!

I am curious about how to compose an email within ElectroNeek. How would I allow for carriage returns and new lines inside of the Calculate a Value field? I tried the following ways:

Option #1:
‘The following application was not submitted due to the NJ WOTC system requiring a POA:’ + ‘\r’ + ‘\n’ + 'FEIN: ’ + EMPLOYER_FEIN + ‘\r’ + ‘\n’ + 'REC NO: ’ + REC_NO + ‘\r’ + ‘\n’ + 'Employee First Name: ’ + EMP_FIRST_NAME + ‘\r’ + ‘\n’ + 'Employee Last Name: ’ + ‘\r’ + ‘\n’ + EMP_LAST_NAME

Option #2:
‘The following application was not submitted due to the NJ WOTC system requiring a POA:’ + ‘\r’ + ‘\n’ + 'FEIN: ’ + EMPLOYER_FEIN + ‘\r’ + ‘\n’ + 'REC NO: ’ + REC_NO + ‘\r’ + ‘\n’ + 'Employee First Name: ’ + EMP_FIRST_NAME + ‘\r’ + ‘\n’ + 'Employee Last Name: ’ + ‘\r’ + ‘\n’ + EMP_LAST_NAME

Option #3:
‘The following application was not submitted due to the NJ WOTC system requiring a POA:’ + \r + \n + 'FEIN: ’ + EMPLOYER_FEIN + \r + \n + 'REC NO: ’ + REC_NO + \r + \n + 'Employee First Name: ’ + EMP_FIRST_NAME + \r + \n + 'Employee Last Name: ’ + \r + \n + EMP_LAST_NAME

Neither of these are working for me. Any advice? What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance!

@BrandonTerry Hi!

Please try this option:
'The following application was not submitted due to the NJ WOTC system requiring a POA:'+ '\r' + '\n' + 'FEIN: ' + EMPLOYER_FEIN + '\r' + '\n' + 'REC NO: ' + REC_NO + '\r' + '\n' + 'Employee First Name: ' + EMP_FIRST_NAME + '\r' + '\n' + 'Employee Last Name: ' + '\r' + '\n'+ EMP_LAST_NAME

If you work with email body for new lines use <br> instead of``\r\n:`

'The following application was not submitted due to the NJ WOTC system requiring a POA:'+ '<br>'+ 'FEIN: ' + EMPLOYER_FEIN + '<br>' + 'REC NO: ' + REC_NO + '<br>' + 'Employee First Name: ' + EMP_FIRST_NAME + '<br>' + 'Employee Last Name: ' + EMP_LAST_NAME+'<br>'

Happy Automation!

2 Likes

@d.motta

You are so unbelievably awesome! That totally worked! Thank you so much! Have an awesome week! :slight_smile:

3 Likes