Optimize RPA processes for large-scale automation - Emmanuel Katto

Hi All, I am Emmanuel Katto from Uganda. I’ve implemented an RPA process that works well for small datasets, but when I scale it up to a larger dataset, it becomes slow and inefficient. Are there any tips on how to optimize RPA processes for large-scale automation?

Thanks!
Emmanuel Katto

Hi Emmanuel, welcome to the forum!

Here are some tips to tackle large-scale scenarios:

1. Batch Processing: Always divide your dataset into batches. For example, if you’re working with an Excel file, design your automation to process 5,000 rows at a time. This way, even if your total dataset grows to 900,000 rows, your bot will handle it efficiently by processing in manageable chunks.

2. Range Operations Over Cell Operations: Avoid cell-by-cell operations, as they are resource-intensive. Instead, store your operations temporarily in memory (bot variables) and write them to Excel using the Write Excel Range activity. This reduces the number of write operations and speeds up the process.

3. Optimized Database Queries: If you’re interacting with databases, make sure your queries are optimized and use indexing where applicable to speed up data retrieval and manipulation.

4. Logging and Monitoring: Implement logging to identify bottlenecks and continuously monitor performance. This helps in making data-driven improvements to your automation.

Hope this helps! :rocket: