Opens a empty browser and leaves it like that

hey,
I’m trying to automate a simple browser action.

Elektroneek opens a empty browser and leaves it like that and does the action on the browser that was already opened and had the extension installed.

is there a setting that I’m missing?
what can I do in order to prevent it from opening a empty new browser window and just do its thing.

if I set, close broser when done, it will close the browser where the action toke place , not the browser it opened.

hey @Johnny00,

Are you using Chrome or Edge/IE? If Chrome, check in the settings if the ‘Browser to use’ setting is set to ‘Chrome Native’ (not ‘Chrome Selenium’) and that you installed the extension to the right Chrome user. Also, check that the ‘Chrome Native’ setting is applied for the project settings (not only the setting of the Studio Pro).

When ‘Chrome Selenium’ is used, the Studio Pro will always open a separate instance of a browser while with the ‘Chrome Native’ it can continue using the browser copy opened by a user.

You can read more about the difference of these two methods here - How-tos: Studio Pro Web Scraping

Hey
I’m using Chrome
Chrome Native setting

could it be because I’m using chrome portable?

@Johnny00

mostly yes, you can try with the standard official build of Chrome and check if there is a difference