Newbie Question on Saving and Closing Apps

Hi Folks

Sorry for the Newbie Question…I’m just getting started and trying out a few of the basics.

In a current project I am opening “notepad.exe”, creating a new tab, and inserting some different pieces of text. But for some reason I’m struggling with “Saving As” and “Closing the Notepad App”.

I’ve done a lot of different experimentation. I thought it should be easy. But I’m missing something.

Could someone tell me the Activities I should be using to “Save As” and “Close Application” and I’ll just concentrate on those for now?

Thank you!

Tim

Hi Tim!

For “Saving As” in Notepad, you can use the Send Hotkey activity with the hotkey combination Ctrl + Shift + S. Once this activity is executed, it will open the Save As window. You can then use the Wait for Element activity to wait for this window to appear on screen before the bot proceeds.

To “Close the Notepad App,” you can use the Close Window activity. Just remember to close any other related windows, like the Save As window, before closing the Notepad app itself.

I’ve put together a quick workflow that addresses this situation. I hope this helps!
Forum1.zip (443.1 KB)

Cheers!

Thank you @AlfredoCh !

I think maybe I wasn’t “Waiting for the Element”. I will follow your workflow…thank you so much!

Tim

Hi @AlfredoCh

I just wanted to let you know that I finally had some time to go work on this again and you got it exactly right with the “Wait for Element” activity. That’s what I was missing.

Also, your demonstration workflow was extremely help.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer!

Tim

1 Like