Mapping Elements

Hi, Team.

Is it possible to map an element and in the advanced options, change the attributes and send it the value directly from a variable?

this with the intention of making a loop to insert text in a table within a web browser, and go changing cells according to the value of the variable.

1 Like

Hello Israel!

You can set an attribute to take on the value of a variable as shown in the images. Choose the option ‘Calculate’ and insert the name of the variable in the field.

1 Like

Thanks, I really can select the element,

but i have other problem, the bot dont write text in the element, dont throw error, as if it did it correctly but the element is still in blank

I’m experiencing the exact same issue with the Input to browser activity. I’ve been able to solve it by using Click on coordinate to activate the element (it’s a textbox field) and then using Input to desktop app instead of Input to browser.

Another option is to use Click on image to make the bot click on the field and then Input to desktop app.

If you can’t use coordinates or image for some reason, try enabling Simulate user behaviour in the Input to browser activity. It sometimes makes it work.

I have tried these option, but they dont work.

I can get the text from elemen but i cant write in it. have you other solution or idea??

Can you share your workflow with me? Perhaps if I experiment with it I’ll be able to find a solution.

Sure,

How do I share the Workflow with you?

You can upload the workflow directly in a comment or you can message me in private. Just use the “Upload” button in the message menu.

I’ve been able to make it work. I’ve created a playground workflow to write “test” in the lines of the table in the link you shared with me privately via DM.

This is the worflow

These are the properties for the element thar represents the line the bot must insert the text. I’m using the variable attribute to tell the bot it must click the next line

These are the properties of the Insert to desktop app activity. I use additional syntax for sending the {ENTER} key after typing “testing”. That is necessary because otherwise the text just disappears when the bot clicks the next line.

Double click is necessary for the bot to be able to type the text into the element. I have “Simulate user behaviour” selected in the properties.
Hotkey {ESC} is necessary for the bot to exit the writable mode of the element.

Some websites are tricky to automate and this one is definitely one of them. But it is possible to make it work. Let me know if this solution works for you.

1 Like

I have tried the suggested changes and yes, it does write the text I need.

Thank you very much for the support, I appreciate it very much.

1 Like