Locations where variable used

Good day.

Could you help me with my queston, please - is it possible to find all location where a variable used?

2 Likes

@dexter444 Hello

You can do that by making your own log file where you can trace your variables.

1 Like

Good day.

Thank you for your reply. I’ll try this. So it could be only done with playing all subprograms in my project, right? There is no instrument inside Studio Pro, which can find all locations in all subprograms where, for example, variable X used?

1 Like

No! There is no such built in functionality in ElectroNeek where you can trace your variables in any way. You can do it either using console log activity or make your own log.txt file on your system using ElectroNeek.

1 Like

Hi @dexter444, thanks for your question!

At the top right of the canvas, there is this icon, which allows you to search for any part of the content of your workflow:

ans22img1

If you type in the name of your variable, you will be able to find every single instance within your workflow where that variable is used. Like this:

Keep in mind, this feature only finds content within the .neek file that is currently open in the canvas. If you would like to also search inside subprograms, you need to open them in separate tabs and perform the search in each one of them.

Hope this answer was helpful! If it was, please mark it as a Solution.

1 Like

Good day.

Thank you, this method is the easiest. I’ll use it.

Maybe developers will make a search in all subprograms someday - it would be great.

2 Likes