Input date in web

Hello,

is there a way to input date into web when the UI is like this? The box above the calender does not allow typing. The only way, manually, is clicking the arrows until I get the desired year, month and date. Is there a way for the bot to automate the process and directly click the date when the date is in this format: dd/mm/yyyy
Screenshot 2022-05-21 162100

1 Like

@Hashibul_Hussain You can use variables in “Dates and time” format and then enter the date to the application:

1 Like

Hi there!, how can I export to format “MM-DD-YYYY” there´s not an option for this format in the list “Transform to”

1 Like

Hi @Hashibul_Hussain

I hope you are doing well!

Yes! We can click on the current date if the format is dd/mm/yyyy. To achieve this you have to use the Extract Text activity. Whic will extract particular date for you and save it to variable. You can pass that date anywhere you want to.

For better understanding, I am attaching images for you as below:

Waiting for your feedback. If it solves your issue, please mark it as solution so others can use it for their problem as well.

Kind Regards,
Muhammad Hayyan Khan

1 Like

Hi @hsoto

You can only use the formats that are provided. Anyhow if it is compulsory in your case to follow this format MM-DD-YYYY. It is possible, but in that case you have to use Extract Text activity, save the month, day and year into 3 different variables and then merge them in the final variable. Let’s suppose we name the variable New_Date. This variable will then have the defined format and you can use it wherever you want to.

I hope it solves your issue! Looking forward for your feedback :grinning:

Kind Regards,
Muhammad Hayyan Khan

Hi @hsoto, We would like to follow up if the solutions we provided above worked for you and unblocked you. Please let us know and mark the answer as a solution.

Thank you for providing me an alternative solution. I´ve found a turnaround for this:

Set the value of a future date, this way I´ll ensure that the query will be always updated.

Regards.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, @hsoto. Please ask any other questions you have, and we’ll be happy to answer them.

Happy Automation with ElectroNeek!!