How to work with “Import Workflows” and “Import Elements” features

I’m a big fan of reusable workflows, and I reuse some of my workflows a lot in different projects. This guide was very helpful in showing me how I could reuse my workflows.

ElectroNeek Studio Pro has a variety of features meant to simplify the process of developing workflows. Sometimes, high-loaded workflows designed by several developers require several parts of the project to be merged. As another example, there can be a situation where it is necessary to reuse already created workflows in some projects.

That is why Studio Pro features a couple of tools specifically for those purposes: “Import workflows” and “Import elements.” Let’s go through the process of working with “Import Workflows and Import Elements.”

This tool allows you to import a workflow (.neek-file) to the project you are currently working on.

To use the “Import workflow” feature:

1. Navigate to the menu “Tools” → “Import workflow.”
  2. In the pop-up window, click “Pick.”
  3. Navigate to the directory with the desired .neek file.
  4. Select the .neek file and click “Open.”
  5. Click “Import.”

The opened .neek file will be displayed in the project tree in the left sidebar:

Screenshot_426.png

Import elements

This tool allows you to import elements (elements, termelements, webelements). From one project to another.

To use the “Import elements” feature:

1. Navigate to the menu “Tools” → “Import elements.”
  2. Navigate to the folder with the desired elements (elements, termelements or webelements).
  3. Open the folder and select the .elm file.
  4. Click “Open.”

The imported elements will be displayed on the “Elements” tab in the left sidebar. You will also see them in the dropdown list in the “Interface* element” parameter in the activity, that requires picking elements. Find the step by step here: