I’m a big fan of reusable workflows, and I reuse some of my workflows a lot in different projects. This guide was very helpful in showing me how I could reuse my workflows.
ElectroNeek Studio Pro has a variety of features meant to simplify the process of developing workflows. Sometimes, high-loaded workflows designed by several developers require several parts of the project to be merged. As another example, there can be a situation where it is necessary to reuse already created workflows in some projects.
That is why Studio Pro features a couple of tools specifically for those purposes: “Import workflows” and “Import elements.” Let’s go through the process of working with “Import Workflows and Import Elements.”
This tool allows you to import a workflow (.neek-file) to the project you are currently working on.
To use the “Import workflow” feature:
- Navigate to the menu “Tools” → “Import workflow.”
- In the pop-up window, click “Pick.”
- Navigate to the directory with the desired .neek file.
- Select the .neek file and click “Open.”
- Click “Import.”
The opened .neek file will be displayed in the project tree in the left sidebar:
This tool allows you to import elements (elements, termelements, webelements). From one project to another.
To use the “Import elements” feature:
- Navigate to the menu “Tools” → “Import elements.”
- Navigate to the folder with the desired elements (elements, termelements or webelements).
- Open the folder and select the .elm file.
- Click “Open.”
The imported elements will be displayed on the “Elements” tab in the left sidebar. You will also see them in the dropdown list in the “Interface* element” parameter in the activity, that requires picking elements. Find the step by step here: