How can I search for more than one word in the "subject contains"-filter in the read emails activity

How can I search for more than one word in the “Read emails”-activity?
I already tried to split the words by “,”, “||”, “|” and I tried to make an array of words, but nothing worked.
Is it even possible or do I need to create an if/else branch and check for the subject myself?

Best regards, Michael

1 Like

Hi Michael,

It currently isn’t possible to filter based off of separate subject values. There are two options for this (one which you have already mentioned):

1. You could create separate “Read email” activities for each subject term. This way the emails that are retrieved stay in their own individual variables.

2. As you had mentioned, you could also read all the emails and then filter them after retrieval.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Arran

Hi @Micha, We would like to follow up if the solution we presented above worked for you. Please let us know.

Happy Automation with ElectroNeek!!

Hi @Micha

I hope you are doing well!

I have faced this issue as well, when I was automating the emails. I tried the same method that you are using in your project. It didn’t worked for me either.

But yes what you want to achieve is possible on this platform. What I understood is, that you want to pass the email further by checking some specific words in it. Right?

Well you can enter the first priority word in the Filter by content parameters. Then use activity Text found?. Enter the word what you are looking for in that email. Continue your flowchart from the Yes portion of the Text found? activity else continue the flow from the *No Port to read other emails.

I hope you get what I want to convey. I hope it works for you.
Have a great day!

Best Regards,
Muhammad Hayyan Khan