How can I read email from a shared email account in Outlook 365?

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how I can read emails from a shared MS Outlook 365 mailbox.
Is it necessary to have an account that has access to the shared mailbox with credentials?
If so, how can I indicate to read from a shared mailbox? Do I have to indicate it in the Mail folder name parameters?

The intention is to take a shared mailbox from an area of the company where multiple users have access (e.g. info@dominio.com) to avoid the cost of an additional Microsoft licensing.

Can you help me with any tips or solutions?

Thank you, best regards

1 Like

Hello @AldoAraujo, If you want to use MS Outlook 365, I recommend setting up your Microsoft account in the services connection found in the settings and also adding the login credentials to your credential manager. This can also be found in the setting under credentials. Now, you would have to specify the folder that you want to read from, or else it would just pull info from the main inbox.

If you are a Microsoft office suite user or this shared account is attached to a MS Suite main account. You would need to ensure that you have fulfilled all the required prequisites for enabling, and authorizing third party connections.

for more information on how to use the Microsoft 365 read email activity and setting up service connections, please visit:
Using The Read Email Activity

For more information on setting up MS 365 authentication for 3rd party services, please visit this link from their website: Setting Up MS 365 Authentication