File on project

Hi,

Can i ask, if I put some auxiliary file that I need into my project, does that mean i can refer to them in my activities with their names?

Also, when i run it from orchestrator, the files are available too to run from a different pc?

hey @Rommel

Yes, you can place any file inside the project folder so this file will be presented always inside the project even if it will be placed on another machine (via publishing in the Orchestrator or converting to a neex file). But please be aware that you will not be able to edit it locally on another machine as it would be packed inside the project internal files. Also, it’s important to note that there is a limit of 20 MB for publishing projects to the Orchestrator.

If the file is more than that or you want to have ability to edit this file, you can easily place this file outside the project folder and send the file (.vbs or any other) with the bot itself on the desired machine. It should have the same path as specified in the algorithm or you ask the user to specify it using the Select file or folder activity.

You can read more about the project structure in the next article - Project structure