Can we use wildcards in selector props

Can we use wildcards in selectors ?

1 Like

@nmnithinkrishna yes you can use. You just need to select CSS selector and provide the selector.

2 Likes

Great answer! Could you also share the link to the Help Center article (regarding wildcards), please?

3 Likes

@nmnithinkrishna Please find the detailed document about it in the below link.
How to interact with web-elements – ElectroNeek Help Center

1 Like

I need to use in a normal selector for attribute inner text.

Either a variable with contains as calculation or a wildcard in the calculated value.

1 Like

@nmnithinkrishna You can create a variable with selector like below and use that variable in ‘Calculate a value’
example : Var selector1 = document.querySelectorAll(‘[id=“SIvCob”]’)[0].innerText Use this selector1 variable in ‘Calculate a value’

Or If your use case is to get innertext of any element then you can use Get Element Property activity and choose InnerText (You do not need to create any separate variable for selector)

1 Like

Hey @Kudlappa_Gouder

I want to get few elements by means of innertext where I know only a part of it.

I only want to go with selector approach either with dynamic variable in contains or wildcard in calculated value.

This may be a feature request or suggestion, if not possible.

We already made this work with alternate methods, but still not all our folks are js proficient so looking for a straight forward way.

Thanks
#nK

3 Likes

@nmnithinkrishna I got it and definitely we want everything to be straight forward so that you do not need to code anything. In this case, I would suggest you to contact our support team ( as i am not sure about your exact use case) with your exact use case as there might be a chance that we have a feature already and you are not aware of it. Our team will evaluate your use case and if there is no direct feature they will create improvement.

4 Likes

Sure, Thanks for your guidance.

1 Like

Hi @nmnithinkrishna If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

2 Likes

You can do this by going into the advanced options in our picker. Pairing this with “several elements”, you can do what you’re wanting.

For instance, using a selector to find all avatars in this post that match your username…

When you see this, click Proceed.

Then make sure Several elements is checked.

This will give you an array of the 4 elements when run.

Hope that helps!

1 Like