Broswer Automation

Hi

I would like to clarify a few things about browsers. First, is there a way to open a chrome browser in incognito mode? The reason being is that my automation logs in on a website and if I don’t use incognito, it fails because then it recognizes previous log in and skips the login steps.

second question, what is working is if I use Chrome Selenium. It opens a new window and does not recognise previous log in, but I am having trouble with the download folder being defaulted to system default download folder rather than the one I already set on Chrome.

If I use chrome native, then I have that problem of skipping the login screens.

I hope you can help me.

Hi @Rommel,

To open Google Chrome in incognito mode, you can use the Open Application activity. Just select “Google Chrome” from the list and add the “–incognito” parameter in the Launch Parameters field. Note: You’ll need to manually configure Google Chrome once to enable extensions to work in Incognito mode.

I noticed you mentioned that your Workflow skips the login steps when it’s already logged in. You might consider adjusting your logic to handle this scenario by only logging in when necessary. You can use the Wait for Element activity to check if the session is already logged in.

With these suggestions, you might find that using Selenium isn’t necessary, and you can stick with the default Google Chrome native browser.

Hope this helps!