Best Practices in Studio Pro

• Keyboard
  • Mouse

0 voters

Hi Everyone!

I hope all of you are doing well!

I am just sharing my experience. I have worked on 4 projects and I have noticed working with a keyboard instead of a mouse is much more accurate and fast. For example, if we use Hotkey for closing the tab on chrome (ctrl+w) rather than using Click on Element, it would work much more accurately and faster. Click on element gives errors sometime especially when you deploy your Bot on Bot runner.

We have many examples where you can use hotkeys. The scenario I have discussed with you is just one of them. In fact, most of the things that you can do with a mouse, you can do with a keyboard as well. So you only should know how and where to utilize the keyboard for best results.

I would highly recommend using Hotkeys wherever you are able to use it. Also I would really appreciate it if you share your point of views and experience on this topic. It would help improve my knowledge and many other users on this Forum.

Thanks in advance! :blush:

Kind Regards,
Muhammad Hayyan Khan

2 Likes

Hello @Muhammad_Hayyan I think both have their own advantages. The Click activity can be used when we are doing something on the local PC, but if you want something that works in the Citrix environments, then the Send Hot Key activity is the best way.

1 Like

Hi @spiderMonkey1

Yes! I totally agree with you. However I think where you can use the Click on element on a local PC, in most of the cases you can use GUI hotkeys as well. But yes both have their own advantages.

I truly appreciate your participation. Thanks for sharing your experience :smile:

1 Like

Hi!

At first I used to develop my projects with “Click on element” activities, but when I found the “Send Hotkey” activity almost everything changed, the most important change was the execution time (less time to do some kind of activities).

1 Like

Yup! When I discoverd this feature. Now I do most of my Web and GUI automation with Send hotkey. As it is much more accurate and fast.

Thanks for sharing your reviews @RODPOLUEN

3 Likes