Automation for SmartPhones(Android, IOS)

Can we perform automation for SmartPhones(Android, IOS) using ElectroNeek Platform.

1 Like

Hello @raju.saini,

Currently the bot runner only runs in Windows OS (desktop and server), so in order to automate an Android or IOS, it would be needed to execute it in an emulator of these systems in Windows, and then use Machine vision to select the elements.

1 Like

Hi @Renan.Mancilha

We have very limited options in machine vision. We are not able to access the elements on the emulator. Automation is mostly a selection of elements. I have tried to automate an application but I had to change it to web later on.

I would really appreciate it if you have any solution for this. Have a great day!

Best Regards,
Muhammad Hayyan Khan

Hello @Muhammad_Hayyan,

As I mentioned currently the Bot Runner will execute only in Windows OS, as you can find in the article below, so it would be necessary to have this IOS or Android app running inside the windows, but still it would be necessary to use surface automation as the Studio would not recognize the elements in the mobile system.

But we will definitely have a further look in the request, and thank you for sharing your experience.

Hi @Renan.Mancilha

I’ll try using the mentioned android app. I was using the NOX emulator previously, but I was not able to automate it. Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. I’ll definitely give a read to this article.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,
Muhammad Hayyan Khan

1 Like